I love pancakes. I love how they taste, how they smell, I even love making them. I don't know why but I love them. However I do not love how they make me feel. Most pancakes are packed with sugar, bleached flour, salt, butter & whatever else. Yummy I know but not so great on the tummy. So I did some research and a lot of testing & managed to find some of the yummiest healthiest pancake recipes that make me and my tummy smile :)
2 Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Yes! Just two ingredients that make the yummiest pancakes! Bananas & eggs....that is it! All you need to make one delicious cake is, 2 eggs and 1 banana, this recipe is super quick-and-easy also gluten-free, dairy-free, and Paleo-friendly ( if that's what you are after). The bananas add natural sweetness so no need to add sugar! The eggs deliver a good amount of protein that will keep you satisfied longer than most typical pancake recipes.
How to Make these Yummy Pancakes
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl to whisk or I cheat & put
it in a blender or nutribullet
2. Peel the banana & put the banana in the bowl or
blender with the eggs.
3. Blend or smash/ whisk the eggs and banana until
you have a smoothie like substance ( this is why
putting it in a blender is easiest).
4. Pour the mix onto a frying pan or griddle on a medium heat until the edges are beginning to brown then flip over and cook until done. Usually between 30-60 seconds.
You can add other fruits and even cinnamon to the mix if just bananas are not for you, blueberries or dark chocolate ( I love Lily's Dark Chocolate chips) are some of my favorites! I was also told a teaspoon of peanut butter ( PB Fit, is a great alternative!) is pretty delicious too.
If you are trying to pack in some more protein throughout your day protein pancakes are a great way to start your morning! Instead of using your standard pancake mix protein powder is an awesome & healthy alternative. I love using my Orgain Protein Powder, ( Use my code FERGALICIOUS to get 30% off ) and it comes in a few different flavors so you can really get creative! My second favorite option is Kodiak Cakes which you can buy pre-made or get the easy to use ready mix. Either way both options are delicious.
Baking Homemade Protein Pancakes | Ingredients 2 eggs 1/2 cup egg whites 4 teaspoons baking powder ( optional I don't use but others say it helps fluffiness) a pinch of salt ( again optional, I don't like adding salt) a pinch of cinnamon (optional, I do like adding cinnamon for flavor) 1–2 scoops Protein Powder
1. Pour everything through a blender or Nutribullett, makes life easier.
2. Heat up a frying pan or griddle, I like to use coconut cooking spray if it's not a nonstick pan.
3. Pour the batter in small circles, about 1/4 cup per pancake. But really make them as big or as small as you want.
4. If you are not into plain flapjacks you can sprinkle with blueberries, strawberries, coconut chips or chocolate chips if you want.
5. When the edges start to look dry go ahead and flip the cake over to the other side.
6. Go ahead and add your favorite toppings, Maple syrup, Grass-fed butter, whatever your heart desires!
I know, I know these are not the healthiest of cakes...but they are so good & can be enjoyed every once in a while, or are great for birthday mornings! Everyone loves funfetti cake... EVERYONE, so when I was living in Costa Rica many moons ago we found some Funfetti mix, but did not have the right baking tools to make the actual cake and book Funfetti Flapjacks came to life! However you can always add a bit of protein powder in the mix for a little less guilt.
What you need
1 cup water, 1/3
3 whole eggs.
1. Mix the cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl until moistened, or cheat like me and use a blender.
2. Heat up frying pan, again I use coconut oil spray if it not a non-stick pan.
3. Pour the (Pan) cake batter onto the pan.
4. Cook until edges are crips, then flip!
5. You really do not need to add anything to these mouthwatering pancakes because they really are sweet enough.